Traditional Zulu cuisine was prepared by the women of the tribe, and although beef and chicken are their most common meats used today, they would often prepare game meat from ostriches, crocodiles, warthogs and monkeys. Most pictures I found showed the women in relaxed or simple poses, and often they were heavily decorated with beads, headbands, earrings, and anklets.
Fun fact: women of the Zulu tribe dress according to marital status! Unmarried young women don't wear much... enough said. Once engaged, women wear a shawl or chain of beads to cover themselves a bit more, showing respect to their future husband and family. After marriage, women wear longer skirts and full tops. Even the color of the beads they wear have symbolic meaning! Say goodbye to the famous "it's complicated" status!
Sources: (I was out of town for the weekend so... I used the internet mostly!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_people
This website gave an overview of the history and traditions of the Zulu people.
http://eshowe.com/traditional-zulu-clothing/
This website went into detail of the clothing and symbolic meaning that is shown in how the Zulu's dress.
http://www.ehow.com/info_7881401_list-traditional-zulu-foods.html
This website talks about the traditional recipes used nowadays and how they relate to what was really eaten historically.
...and several other websites that I failed to cite. Sorry! But I learned a ton :)
Sources: (I was out of town for the weekend so... I used the internet mostly!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zulu_people
This website gave an overview of the history and traditions of the Zulu people.
http://eshowe.com/traditional-zulu-clothing/
This website went into detail of the clothing and symbolic meaning that is shown in how the Zulu's dress.
http://www.ehow.com/info_7881401_list-traditional-zulu-foods.html
This website talks about the traditional recipes used nowadays and how they relate to what was really eaten historically.
...and several other websites that I failed to cite. Sorry! But I learned a ton :)



No comments:
Post a Comment